Thursday 7 April 2011

Same old, same old...

Some pics of our new walking haunts in and around Bradwell. This is the view looking back towards our house from the field at the end of the road. Great for a quick doggie run when you've not got much time! Win Hill in the distance.

And this is the view looking the other way with Bradwell Edge on the left.



Pretty Bradwell Church in the sunshine.


I must admit that I am feeling a bit low today. After 4 days of solid cleaning, clearing and tidying at my old house I'm bored, tired and disappointed that I'm nowhere near as far on as I'd hoped to be. Didn't intend to use this blog to whinge about my ex but honestly, I'm cheesed off. The place was so dirty and uncared for, don't think he'd emptied a bin since I left. So, instead of spending the time preparing the house to be sold, I'm just cleaning and skivvying.....Grrrrrr

I'll not go on - not very interesting to anyone I know - but had to get that off my chest.

I suppose it's like anything, if you're working towards something positive you can see the end in sight and that gives you strength. In this case, although I know it has to be done, it's a bit depressing to be wallowing around, up to my elbows in dust and rubbish, in what is effectively the dregs of my marriage. Blegh...blegh blegh blegh blegh blegh


Right, enough of the moaning Lesley, buck up and get on with it.


In nice news - the sun is shining; I'm playing golf tomorrow afternoon with Rich and my new golfing buddy Nigel; and the Masters starts today so 4 days of non-stop golf on the telly. It's all good.

2 comments:

Peridot said...

Poor you - I thought you'd been oddly quiet on the subject of marriage shenanigans and I'm sure it's far from easy. But! It's a one off - once you're done you're done and then it's all looking forward, not back.

Gorgeous pics by the way.

Px

Seren said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comment Lesley! Funnily enough, I did think of you after I'd posted about walking, your beautiful pictures are often an inspiration for me to get outside and attempt to put one foot in front of the other...

Sx