Wednesday 15 April 2009

Back to the grindstone

A spring walk before D left for the rig.

D throwing a golf ball for the dogs to chase.

Shelagh looking somewhat too hairy - she really need a clip but I've been too busy to get round to it!

More stick wars...

A gorgeous primrose, so fresh, I love them.


It's been a busy day - lots of hard work and then driving from Rotherham to Manchester and then home again. An interesting little project which I'll talk more about if it comes off.


Anyway, not much to report apart from that I've made another start at being good. I've exercised restraint several times today, which restraint has been noticeably absent over the last few weeks and I did a little bit of exercise too. I've been quite slack just managing my 2 personal training sessions and a couple of walks each week. I need to up that by at least 2 sessions of running, squash, swimming or gym per week.


But, a start has been made and it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be. That's always the way isn't it? You dread doing something but, when you actually get stuck in, it's not too bad.



D left for the rig today and, for the first time in years, I was actually relieved to get a text from him saying that he'd landed safely. Normally he'd not bother and I wouldn't think twice about it but with all this stuff on the news about helicopters falling out of the sky and the funeral in Aberdeen today, it does make even sanguine, tough old me think a bit. Poor beggars.


And don't get me started on Hillsborough. I don't care for the idea that there must always be "justice" or someone to blame after an accident. Having looked into the Hillsborough disaster quite a bit and spoken to loads of locals from Sheffield who were there, I think there is such a thing as a terrible, terrible accident; a coming together of a number of contributory factors resulting in one hell of a mess. So, although I feel desperately sorry for the families, I think this campaign is ultimately unfair. They're trying to apply what is known now, with hindsight, to a situation in the past. What happened in Sheffield that dreadful day could have happened to any number of clubs and matches and it just happened to be Liverpool FC at Hillsborough.
I wish it hadn't happened at my team's ground though...

1 comment:

Peridot said...

I know I'm always banging on about it but I do so admire your positivity. And your dogs of course!

love
Peridot x