Wednesday 11 April 2012

Still got some snow left...so....

In honour of the strange and changeable weather we have been experiencing recently I thought I'd post my latest snow pics.  I took these last Wednesday in a blizzard of wet slushy snow.  Well, wet and slushy here in the village but 10 inches deep and drifting up on the tops!

I worked from home and stuck it out until lunchtime before venturing out to go and buy milk.  Yes, it was so bad that I managed without a cup of tea until lunchtime!!

Peri - I tried to go without boots but, as you can see, it was too cold and wet.....boooo! 



Boots safely affixed we set off.  The snow was driving into my eyes so it was not very pleasant.  But not a long walk to the shop so I can't whinge too much.



The dogs always find something to interest them.



And there is always something pretty to look at even in a grey little village like Bradwell.


Anyway, I'm sure you're all on the edge of your seats waiting to hear how I got on last night at WI??  No?  Well, you're going to hear about it anyway as I dropped 2 whole lbs!  Count them - 2!

I think the Tuesday evening run contributed to that loss but I wanted so much to post a total and keep the pressure on so think it was worth it even if it could be seen as "cheating".

So, only 3 lbs to go until my half stone reward. The thought of it it is really motivating me.  The first time ever that I have cared about a scheduled reward.   Which just goes to show that, even if you've been dieting for aeons like me, it is always worth trying new things or old things which might not have worked before.  If you feel yourself getting stale, rethink your strategy!

I played golf this morning and carried my clubs rather than using the big electric trolley.  I've always kind of fancied carrying, it's what the "cool" golfers do, but have been a bit concerned that it will tire me out and take away energy which I need for the golf itself.  I carried today as I was not 100% sure that my trolley battery had charged properly so thought I'd give it a go.  And it was great!  Liberating and not tiring at all.  In fact I feel less weary today than I usually do.  Who knew?

We had a proper "four seasons in one day" round with warm sunshine, fresh breezes, gentle rain, freezing, driving hail and rain and grey mist alternating all morning but my 'Barney' purple waterproofs once again aquitted themselves well and I even got a birdie in the middle of the hail storm!

I played in a pairs comp with a another woman of around my age (believe me, we are a rare breed in the golf club world).  She is fun and lovely and we played pretty well together after a slow start, which is good as we're signed up for the pairs knockout together all summer! She's a good golfer too - plays off 6 compared to my 18 so hopefully I'll pick up some tips.

So, wish me luck for next week.  There is no away game with accompanying day on the beer this weekend.  Well, there is but we are not, amazingly, going to Colchester but instead are staying at home and doing the garden!  What a breakthrough.  So, hopefully diet-wise I might make some progress.

1 comment:

Peridot said...

Wow! 2lbs off! And over Easter too! It's worth using my entire day's ration of exclamation marks to denote my amazement and admiration.

Px