Tuesday 16 August 2011

Week 1 weigh in

A very quick update as supper is nearly ready and Rich nearly due back from the golf course to eat it with me. But I thought I'd just report that I dropped 2.5lbs in my first week.

I'm pretty pleased with that. I know I've lost way more than that in first weeks before but a) I was usually heavier than I am now and b) I didn't usually go out and have a great night partying during that crucial first week.

But this is how I want to be; this "diet" has to become part of my life so that it is sustainable. I'm getting there.

I stayed for the class and the leader is a LOT more chatty and entertaining than the one from the class I used to go to - Misery Central.

I've been pretty good today - sore as HELL from the Pump FX class yesterday but fully intended to go swimming at lunchtime. Trouble is, I'd forgotten that it was a team lunch for a woman who's leaving on her maternity. I could have missed it but we're trying to foster some team togetherness so didn't want to let people down. Gotta put your money where your mouth is sometimes eh?

It was in a greasy spoon cafe (don't ask!) but I managed to choose well - jacket spud with beans and salad. I also nobly resisted the gorgeous looking chocolate cheesecake so am sure that contributed to my weightloss!!

Anyway, I've got to dash. Will chat more tomorrow.

4 comments:

Claire said...

Well done! x

Seren said...

I'd say 2.5 lbs is a fab loss - and if you have a plan that also allows you to have a life on the side, all the better. Well done you!

Sx

Peridot said...

2.5lbs is amazing! It would take me a month to lose that! AND with booze! Well done.

Px

Linz M said...

Brilliant!

Well done x