Thursday 14 May 2009

Tough times

We went down to a pretty little harbour town called Kilmore Quay on Tuesday and had a poke around the beach and the headland. Gorgeous weather and very scenic. The dogs were in heaven.

The headland was covered in this lovely pink flower, no idea what it is but beautiful.
One of the many rock pools we were investigating...took me back to my childhood in Cornwall.

Shelagh dips her toe in the water. Minty not interested.


But we're having a good time. The tough times are me trying NOT to eat all the lush food served up by my mother in law. I've set a few rules - I don't have any potatoes; no bread; no tart or pavlova and nothing fried. That still leaves a huge number of tempations.

In fact I've had bread once and a potato once as well but I've not been too bad. I've also managed a run or a bike ride and an evening walk with Nellie every day so far and I've only had 2 glasses of wine all week. So, there's more positives than negatives but I'm having to be constantly vigilant. I doubt I'll lose weight this week but, if I get home without having piled it on, that'll be a first.

We had one gorgeous sunny day on Tuesday and since then it has been cold and rainy. We're having fun but it does make it harder to keep busy. We were hoping to go to Glendalough in Wicklow tomorrow but I don't think it'll be worth the drive in this weather. Instead, we're hoping to go for a long walk along the beach but I'm watching the weather now which is giving rain and more rain....sigh...

The weekend should be a laugh - D's sister and her husband are coming up from Cork and his brother's English girlfriend is flying in for the weekend so there'll be a house full. We're going quad biking on the Saturday so that's something the weather can't ruin.

Anyway, that's all for now. Hope you're all having a good week and are being good. Kiss kiss.

No comments: