Friday 5 October 2018

A month!!

A whole month has passed since my last post. I have composed several "starting again" posts IN MY HEAD but clearly none have made it to the screen and my actions have been similarly well intentioned but ineffective.

So, as I walked from the station to work this morning I said to myself "This stops now!". I took the stairs and am posting this by way of consolidation.

I mean it; this wavering and wandering and gradually gaining STOPS NOW.

I have an additional motivation - it was our panto readings this week and I went along last night. I read for my usual parts - comedy, baddie, animal based role and thought I did alright. Afterwards I was chatting to the director in the pub and he asked me if I might be up for playing Belle, the straight, romantic lead (we're doing Beauty and the Beast). Our company has plenty of people this year but the younger woman who might usually play the part is stepping down for a year while she does her teacher training.

Gulp. If needs be of course I would do it but, at 48 it is a bit of a stretch and costumes in a size 14/16 would look a lot better than my current 18!

5 months til showtime - I can do it!

To be fair this is by no means certain as he has lots to think about but it made me stop and think.

And then there's a wedding dress. First look for one next Friday.....

I had hoped to be at least a stone lighter so there's no time to waste.

Watch this space!!


3 comments:

Pam said...

I can't believe you're 48! I mean, I'd love to be 48 (instead of 68!) but you really don't look it. I thought you were more like 38.

What a compliment to be asked to play the romantic lead. Go for it!

Lesley said...

Thank you Pam for those kind eords. I'd probably prefer to play the wicked witch or the comedy mirror (hard to explain) but if the fire tor needs me as Belle, that is what I'll do and it'd make a nice change to wear pretty dresses rather than face paint and fake fur!@

Lesley said...

That should be "director"!