Friday 12 October 2018

Day 4 - first challenges

It was to be a long and difficult day but, although I slept a lot better and felt much brighter, I still felt achy this morning so decided to work from home. I don't see the point in dragging myself 25 miles, using up diesel and my meagre reserves of energy and infecting my colleagues when I work just as effectively from home.

I had 2 brief meetings with colleagues which I suggested we convert to telephone calls. BOTH then emailed me to say that they were going to re-arrange to next week anyway. I would have been seriously irritated if I'd gone in for them!

So, first stress of the day removed.

I also cancelled french as I didn't think Helen would thank me for the germs. Second pressure gone.

So then it was just panto rehearsal this evening followed by darts and dominoes and both of those are more fun and will enabled me to keep my distance from people.

Panto was fun but to be honest Belle is a bit of a dullard/goodie goodie. I'm going to have to uummpf her up a bit or I will die of boredom!

Carolyn is getting uber excited about wedding dresses today so I got a bit into the spirit myself. A grotty cold doesn't help but I'm not going to re-arrange or I'll never get round to it! Half of me is a bit nervous to be honest...what if my hopes/expectations don't match the reality?? Well in that case I re-think and go in a different direction. It's not as if there isn't a lovely dress out there for me or as if the dress is the most important thing anyway!

Part of the reason Carolyn is so excited is that she didn't have the whole wedding dress experience. They didn't have much money back then as Gordon already had a family and Registry Office weddings were lower key so she wore a lemon 2 piece from M&S. She was in her twenties but the day looks much older in photographs. Which is sad for her but what is important is that she and Gordon have made a great relationship over the last 35 or so years.

Maybe we'll get her in a frock today!!

In diet news, I'm still diary'ing, resisting the extras and have dropped nearly 2 lbs since Monday. No exercise other than dog walks due to the cold but that will come.

No comments: