Tuesday 9 October 2018

Scores on the doors

Greatly against my instincts and desires I stepped onto the scales yesterday morning for the first time in weeks. It wasn't pretty but neither was it as bad as it could have been.

16.3.8. To put that in context, last time I checked in on the blog I weighed 15.12.6 back at the beginning of September. However this was a bit of a happy blip as, from my long neglected Honesty Diary, I weighed in at 16.2.8 on 12 September which, happily, was also what I weighed this morning. So I have maintained for 4 weeks albeit at a higher weight than I would like.

In other good-ish news, I've managed 2 full days keeping my diary and it is not difficult at all! Why did I stop?? Gah.

I really need to get going again as I am trying on wedding dresses on Friday AND I'm going to be striding the boards in February as Belle in Beauty and the Beast!! Aaaaarggh.... I can't believe I'm playing a straight lead. This is waaaay out of my comfort zone. My consolation is that the director doesn't want a bland, insipid Belle. He wants a gutsy confident lady.

I can do that.....I think.......(she wimpers insipidly).

Enough of that. First rehearsal on Thursday so I can fret about "inhabiting" the part of Belle then.

Today I felt grotbag. I think I caught your cold Seren (remotely of course). I had to go to a development team workshop on a big town centre residential scheme. I dosed myself up and worked hard to be an enthusiastic team player as we brain--stormed, workshopped and flip-charted our way through various sessions. I managed it until lunchtime then bailed and headed home.

I was pleased with myself for resisting the corporate foodfest. In half a day, I said no to bacon or sausage sandwiches, gorgeous looking white chocolate cookies (which were being pressed onto me by a colleague who should know better); and ķpork pies and samosas.  My only treat was a few jelly babies.

Once home I hit the sofa but after a snooze I found the energy to take the dogs out and was rewarded by a perfect afternoon. We went up to Hazelbadge at the far end of the village where we used to live. I haven't been up there since last year. Stunning.











I've sacked off a seminar in Birmingham tomorrow so I can have a nice quiet day nursing my cold before a full-on Thursday - work in Rotherham (3 completions); drive to french; home for supper before panto rehearsal then up to the pub for and darts and dominoes!! Gulp.

1 comment:

Seren said...

Sorry I passed my lurgy over the internet! Hope you’re feeling better soon. Well done for facing the scales - hard part is over now 😉x