Monday 15 October 2018

Very tired

Although I'm functioning alright through the back end of this cold, I'm very tired and quite melancholy too. I get easily frustrated, easily annoyed, easily down and am readily teary. Maybe it is that time of the month combined with physical weakness dragging me down. Boo hoo, poor me - suck it up snowflake!

That being the case I'm quite proud of myself for sticking to my guns diet wise. I have turned down biscuits and cakes, sandwiches and all sorts. As long as the scales don't have some sort of cosmic shudder tomorrow morning I should be able to post a healthy drop in my first week.

(But it's not really cheering me up, I just keep thinking about that 3 months I wasted in diet terms....Eeyore being alive and well and living in Derbyshire....)

So, let's look to the positives: I have managed to start dieting again, properly. A full week of diary entries; a full week of planning and restrained eating and drinking; a decent drop on the scales; regular blogging; control reinstated.  All while I felt rotten and couldn't do any sweaty exercise.

I'll drink to that. Actually I already did - a gin and  slimline at our first quiz of the new season this evening, which gin was planned and only permitted as long as I denied myself any post match sandwiches. Our captain had bailed out with a hangover but we still managed a good win so we were all buzzing. I also had a cheeky glass of red wine when I got in as Rich had opened a bottle of rioja but that was only my 4th drink of the week, 3 gins and a glass of wine. I can live with that.

We had a lovely walk this evening too. It rained all day here so we didn't take the dogs out til late and were rewarded with a totally  unexpected burst of golden sunshine illuminating  Bradwell Edge. Short-lived  but glorious.



So here's to onwards and upwards next week to follow up this good start!

No comments: