Thursday 18 October 2018

Glorious autumn

For someone recovering from a nasty cold I have had a very hectic few days. A charity fashion show in the village on Tuesday; golf in the morning and a trip to Sheffield to the theatre to see "The Band" (the Take That musical) last night; panto and darts and dominoes tonight; golf and Middlesbrough at home on Friday. Roll on Saturday when I can be at one with the sofa for a night!

The Band was a great night out. I went with Carolyn, my future MIL It is a fun musical about teenaged TK fans in the 1990s who then meet up 25 years later. Their hopes, dreams, the music, what they achieved or didn't achieve. A young boy band dancing and crooning all the hits. Marvellous.

I do love a predominantly female audience too (especially a northern one) - so warm and keen to have a good time. There always seems to be less desire to be cool or be impressed.

The charity fashion show was similarly warm and good fun. A multi-generational crowd out supporting the local Guide group with generosity and raucous good humour.

Tonight's events will be more mixed and then tomorrow I'm back to my more usual "boy" type activities of golf and footie.

Through it all I have worked hard at sticking to the diet and not using the nights out as an excuse for treats. I had one small glass of wine on Tuesday and a flat white last night but turned down more wine and snacks on Tuesday and booze or interval ice-creams yesterday.

News on the scales is that I had a lb hike yesterday which has near as dammit disappeared this morning. It was a wekcome reminder not to ease up! A stone off before Christmas is my mantra!!

Today I am working from home and it has been glorious! I took the dogs for a longer and hillier than usual lunchtime walk which was just heavenly.


























 I hope that little lot gives you a deep lungful of pure autumn. It certainly did me.

No comments: