Tuesday 10 July 2018

Week 14 weigh in result (if you can call it that)

Actually, it is a result. An exceedingly modest drop of just 0.2lb taking me to 15.9.6. However, in context I dropped 4lbs last week and have held onto that drop despite a challenging week.

I've seen 15.8.6 a couple of times of the last few days so I hope that I'm trending downwards.

In other good news, I went for yet another cool morning run with the dogs over to Pindale and back over the cement works golf course which is around 4.2km. No pics as I was trying to keep my speed up which is tricky enough when faffing with the dogs, especially the deaf, obstinate one - Shelagh, I'm looking at you!

It was overcast anyway so not as photogenic as it has been recently.

I also seem to have renewed my relationship with my Honesty Diary which is refreshing.  That renewal has nudged me to get my recipe books out. While it has been so warm and we've been so busy with golf and other events, cooking has taken a backseat. There have been a lot of BBQs and "something with salad" or, worse, sandwiches.

Today I have plucked Tom K off the shelf and am going to prepare his One Layer Lasagne for supper. It should be the perfect accompaniment to the France/Belgium semi-final this evening!

Also, and this is a small thing but telling, I have become used to having crumpets and peanut butter or even toast for breakfast over the last few weeks. Today I got back to my fruit and yoghurt routine and it was DELICIOUS! What is not to like about pineapple, raspberries, yoghurt and a sprinkling of homemade muesli??

Changes are afoot.

I find I prefer my blog with pics so here are a few more flowers from my garden. The Astilbes are coming out nicely.







2 comments:

Seren said...

The diary is such an important facet, isn’t it? I always do better when I’m writing everything down. Well done on your continued success.

Sx

Peridot said...

I have the same thing with MFP - definitely keeps me focused and on the straight and narrow.

Px