Friday 6 July 2018

Quiet week

It has been quiet weight wise rather than in my social life but that is to be expected after a drop of 4lbs last week. I'm holding steady though so am still hoping for a modest drop on Tuesday.

One thing though, my Honesty Diary has been even quieter! I've missed whole days and am really struggling to make myself keep writing everything down. It has become an irrelevance to me which feels dangerous. It is a lot easier to slide treats and booze into the mix when I'm not recording the fact!

Since writing the above I have just broken off and tried as best I can to catch up the last couple of days since Tuesday evening. Although there has been some contraband it has not been terrible. So, maybe not too much harm done.

I was feeling a little disconnected from the endeavour, partly as I went over to Dad's Wednesday and Thursday and partly as the World Cup match on Tuesday night led me to old ways involving pints of delicious bitter!

So I was pleased that I managed to banish the disconnect this morning and take the dogs out for an early morning run. It wasn't entirely sucesssful. It certainly started badly with Minty tripping me up as we crossed the main road in the village leaving me sprawled out in the middle of the road. Luckily no traffic and no grazes to knees or palms.

I was a bit stressed getting up and sorting out leads etc. The dogs were jumpy too so, while I was checking my hands out, Minty and Shelagh fell out and Minty bit her mum. Not badly, just a spat but a slightly bloody ear and more stress. The 2 chaps at the bus stop found the whole episode entertaining but poor Shelagh was shaking like a leaf.

I debated taking them home at that point but decided to see how they went. I could always convert the run into a walk if need be. They were fine but I did take it easy as it was getting warm and no water until the end of the run.

Gorgeous though:







Rich and I played 11 holes of golf this evening. Just a fun comp early evening before the Brazil vs Belgium game. Another stunning afternoon.





3 comments:

Seren said...

Poor you - hope grazes and bloody ears are healing nicely. You’re doing so well - good for you for acknowledging that things are in danger of slipping. Knowing what’s happening is half the battle.

Sx

Hazel said...

Hi Lesley

I enjoy following your progress, and love your pics - your area is lovely. Love to see you out running - how do you get on running in this lovely - but let's face it - will-sapping heat? I run with a fitness club (and lead a group one evening a week) but find the heat excruciating. Perhaps I'm just a cold-weather runner. Any tips for me any my 12min/mile girls and gals?

Peridot said...

It does look beautiful. And running in this heat is very dedicated (even in the slightly cooler mornings)

Px