Tuesday 17 July 2018

Golf and chocolate labrador

Never let it be said that I'm not responsive to my readers' requests. A couple of months ago I spent time with my niece's chocolate lab, Diesel but unaccountably failed to post pictures of him. Peridot drew this oversight to my attention (and rightly so).

Now we are holidaying with Diesel and I have not yet remedied my oversight. Shocking. So, just for you Peri - "Diesel, a life in pictures". (Photo credit to Diesy's mum Liz for some of them.)







We went for another beachy dog walk yesterday evening after a day shopping in Aberdeen for an outfit for me to wear to my youngest niece's wedding at the end of the month. I could fit into an old dress but, when I tried it on again, found I didn't like it.

Poor Richard - not his favoured holiday activity standing around in department stores but he was very helpful and reasonably patient and our trip was sucessful - 2 dresses, both heavily reduced and fascinator, shoes and wrap. That's more shopping than I do in a year!

I like these 2 of Liz and I.



This morning we played golf on Montrose Links. They were in fantastic condition and the weather was benign. A cracking front nine and a poor back....Rich beat me....boooo....







We were ravenous when we finished so dived into Roos bar for a burger......gorgeous tasting but greasy.  Then home, collapsed and by the time we summoned up the energy to move it was too late to do anything touristy so we ended up in a pub 2 mins from Liz's having a laugh with the locals and watching Rangers in some European Cup qualifier in Macedonia.

And finally a random shot of the lovely (grumpy) Minty sharing a hammock with me ie. sitting on my chest. 



2 comments:

Peridot said...

Oh! I am in love with Diesel. I do miss my mum’s chocolate lab so much. Thanks for the pics and give him a cuddle from me.

Px

Seren said...

Diesel is gorgeous! Obviously I’m a cat rather than a dog person but if I ever were to have a dog, I am very fond of Labradors. Mind, D says it would have to be a whippet (what a Yorkshireman!)

Those photos of you are beautiful Lesley - you look absolutely glowing. You’re going to be a stunning bride regardless of what further poundage you drop between now and then.

Sxxx