Monday 2 July 2018

Hard at it

As I suspected the scales did not keep going at the same trajectory (it would have been impossible for them to) but I have managed to hold onto the drop (despite it not making sense linguistically speaking).

I think it was my desire to have a really good week which made me get up this morning and go for another cool, morning run. Actually it was a re-run of Friday's run around Hope as Rich needed a lift in to work again. The dogs were happy again although not quite as giddy as they were then!

My chosen route is about 3.6km of which most of the first 1km is a gentle up hill incline. I will try for some longer distances soon but not with the dogs. That is plenty for my older girls, especially in this heat.

I didn't take many pics this morning, to keep my pace up, just a few when we stopped for a swim at the bend in the river. I say "we", Shelagh only really although Minty did jump right into the deep bit and then paddled desperately to get her feet down again. I have no idea why she suddenly launched herself in but she looked more surprised than anyone!

Shelagh is the proper swimmer though, she's still got it!



I MAY be golfing this evening.  I  had scheduled my quarter final knockout game for yesterday morning but my opponent asked to change it as it is "too hot"! I''ve often had golfie ladies trying to get out of matches due to rain but this was a new one on me! I agreed then rang back to say that ot was forecast to be cooler on Sunday morning than Monday evening but she insisted. I played yesterday with Kate and it was perfect!!

So we left it that she would let me know if she wanted to play this afternoon. It is warm and windy so who knows?! Strange woman. If she doesn't play today I will claim a walkover. She has had her chance....

2 comments:

Seren said...

Lol, I’ve been hiding inside myself so I have sympathy with her - I am not a fan of this weather! Hope you got your game.

Sx

Peridot said...

Did Shelagh do that thing where they come right up to you and shake vigorously?!

Px