Tuesday 3 July 2018

Sporting successes and Week 13 weigh in results

I did play golf yesterday evening after all. Having found my opponent somewhat off-putting during the arrangements for the game and had several negative reports about her, and having condemned her crying off playing on Sunday as lame, she turned out to be really nice! Not only that but playing in the evening was lovely; cool, a bit too breezy for my liking, stunning golden light and long shadows and a quiet course. I take it all back!

It helped that I played well and won handily. If she had played really well and the wind had affected my game I'm sure I would have been chuntering. But it is a lesson to me to not judge the book by the cover and to keep an open mind. She was bloody SLOW though! I was pleased I had been warned about that as it helped me to not get stressed and to stick to my own game.

So I'm in the semi finals now with a tough game against a doughty competitor called Morag. If I can beat her, I can beat anyone. We have til the end of August so plenty of time.

The course was beautiful at that time. I obviously didn't take pics during our game (although I had plenty of time) but snapped a couple once I had won and we were playing in.



I was bouncing after the match so went to the pub to see how the lads were getting on in their darts match. Amazingly Rich was playing well, winning games and scoring stars (awarded for throws of 95 and over). He's not been doing very well this season so that was good news too.

This morning dawned cloudy and cooler. We had had a disturbed night due to the heat so I sacked off the possibility of a run and approached the scales with trepidation.

Misplaced as it happens - 15.9.8 as I've seen once already this week. That is 4lbs off last week and a total drop of 30lbs exactly. To say that I'm chuffed would be an understatement. I've weathered a couple of storms and I'm sure there are a few more on the way but 30lbs shed is 30lbs!!

But how narrow are the margins?? Even now, happy from a good drop and full from a jacket potato and pot of tea, I've just spent 10 minutes arguing with my chimp. She wants a slice of cake. See, I weakened and let her have one a fortnight or so ago and she never forgets! Even though the cake was far too big and I was uncomfortably stuffed, she still wants a slice. I went as far as picking my bag up to go and pick one before resisting. So, go me but you can't let up.....

In celebration, here are some pretty flowers from my garden:

Sweet Williams.



Courgette flowers.


Penstemon


Achillea



Goura and hypericum (clashing vibrantly!)


2 comments:

Seren said...

Oh that’s a brilliant result - both on the scales and the golf course. Well done you.

Those flowers are lovely - Sweet Williams in particular are great favourites of mine.

Sx

Peridot said...

Amazing achievement! Both the loss and the cake swerving.

Px