Monday 9 July 2018

Looking back

I have had a decent day today. Good exercise, reasonable food and I recorded everything in my Honesty Diary as it happened which is the first time for a couple of weeks. Hopefully it will be the first of many.

The exercise was the promised early morning run sans dogs. I was out by 6.45 but it was bloody hot even at that time! All my brave words about how nice it was in the morning cool felt a little hollow as the sweat pumped out of me!

I had been aiming for 5km but realised the extra distance would make me late for work (and it was roastie!) so I cut it down to 4km. A lot quicker without the dogs though - down to 8.12 pace per km (which is v slow but still a lot faster than I used to be). No time for photos obviously and it was a boring road run anyway.

It was strange though, it was still hot when I left home so I dressed as I have become accustomed to in a short sleeved summer dress. I set off with the top down on the car in the glorious sunshine but a couple of miles down the road a thick layer of cloud rolled into place. The temperature dropped by 9 degrees and I was suddenly chilly for the first time in weeks! I had to stop and put the roof back up.

It has been refreshing being cool for a change. I'm hoping it will stay cool through tomorrow morning so I can go for another run. If it is I'll take the pooches up Pindale which is a 4-5km route. It will be easier tomorrow as I'm working from home so have an extra hour to play with.

The "Looking back" title came from a whim I had to look through my blog to work out when I last weighed my present weight. I had an idea, which proved to be correct, that it was during my last ill-conceived foray into Lighter Life. That was in the spring of 2016. I dropped a stack load of weight (well over 2 stone) in 8 or 9 weeks (might have been 10). I got down to 15.3 from memory.

The trouble is it just didn't last. The weight returned with the same indecent haste eith which it had left (17lbs in the first 2 weeks!!!) I'm only a few lbs over that weight now but it feels a lot more sustainable this time round.

God I hope so. I'm sick of working hard to drop weight then gaining it back over and over again. How many times have I see-sawed between 15 and 18 stone over the last few years (don't answer that)?!

It is going to be different this time and the first sign of that difference is going to be sticking to the damn Honesty Diary!!




No comments: