Monday 11 February 2013

Quiz No Show


I crow-barred myself off the sofa last night and headed into the snow (yes, it arrived late) for the quiz.  Got to the pub and, as I was walking in, received a text telling me that the quiz was off!!  The other team had set off from their pub in far off Winster but had had to turn back due to the snow.  Hey ho.  Wish they'd found out earlier so I didn't have to put on make-up and leave the house but I can't say I wasn't a little relieved.

I was very good - a quick diet coke and chat with my pals and then back home and NO chocolate biscuit cake.  Go me!

And, even more virtuously, I got up early this morning and, despite the disappointment of yet another STS, went out into the snow for a run!  As you can probably guess, I'm going to try what I did last week and have another WI tomorrow in the hopes that I can eke out a little teeny, tiny drop.

It was a great run though, look:


Over the fields, slopping through the only slightly frozen mud.



Picking our way through the slushy streams...



Then through the woods to the golf course.




I extended the run too by running to the far end of the golf course and back, past some teasels as it happens.  (I like teasels.)



So, fingers crossed for tomorrow, again!!

1 comment:

Peridot said...

Lovely pics again - almost makes a run seem like a pleasure. Although obviously not...!

Px