Friday 30 September 2011

Still cold-ridden but carrying on!

A selection of shots showing the amazing shapes and textures of the beach and rocks....I found them fascinating and beautiful.
The moody lighting and brooding skies...
Look at the light shining on Minty!! And grumpy Shelagh having slurped yet more seawater!

And look at the colours in that sea....aaaah

I had booked a day's leave today ages ago to play golf in the afternoon so I'm really pleased that my day's rest allowed me to have a good night's sleep and feel that I could just about stagger around the course. I would have hated to have to cancel.

The weather was just SO heavenly that I was going to go out even if I was felt like death. As it happened, I felt a lot better than that but still a bit weak and feeble.

We had a great round - couldn't believe that it's October tomorrow!! I didn't play brilliantly but had some great holes and a really good laugh with the lads. We've played as a 4 a couple of times now and it's always fun.

So now I just have to get through tomorrow and I'm in the clear. We're on a coach trip to the Hartlepool away game...leaving at 8am and probably getting home around 10! Help!!

I'm going to be drinking tomorrow but think I'll use the cold as an excuse not to go mad....don't want to undo all my good work and am aware that this cold is preventing me from doing my usual level of exercise. So - let's see if that works - a few fewer pints and maybe say no to the chips - can this be done!!

No comments: