Wednesday 28 November 2018

Late delivery and historical musings

The scales relented this morning - 15.8.6!! Almost fresh fat!! I saw 15.8.0 for a solitary day back in July (although not an official WI) but it feels new and exciting.

The trouble is, as a blogger with a quirky memory for facts and figures, I can remember random weights from yesteryear. 15.7 was the weight I STARTED a diet sometime in mid to late 2012. The diet in question was called "Six weeks to OMG" and involved cold showers, not eating for 3 hours in the mornings, exercising before eating, restricting carbs and black coffee (some of which I still do from time to time). I dropped down to 14.6 just before Christmas that year I think which is the lowest I've been since then.

I was tempted to *sigh* but, consciously re-framing my thoughts, this is huge!! From now on in, I'm in weight territory I haven't seen since 2013 when I was on the way back up from that low and I'm only just over a stone away from my lowest weight for 6 years!! I have such a great opportunity here to make the biggest strides on this weightloss *journey* (here your writer rolls eyes in disgust at herself) since I started Lighter Life (and this blog) in January 2007.

Do not muck this up Lesley!!

2 comments:

Seren said...

Oooh I seem to remember the cold shower thing!

I am just going to echo what the writer says: do not muck this up (but sounds like you’re in the zone so I think you’re going to be fine).

Sx

Peridot said...

Goodness! I remember you doing that diet - sounded punitive in the extreme. Cold showers! Brrrr

Hoping you've reached fresh fat by now - but I just know you're going to do it.

Px