Monday 26 November 2018

A new tradition

For the 4th Monday in a row my weight has hopped upwards the morning before my weigh in. I was feeling slimmer and have been good over the weekend but this didn't stop a 3lb hike this morning! Gah!!

Previously I have managed a drop or STS each time but feel that I may be pushing my luck this 4th time.

When I said I'd been "good" I do tend to up my calorie intake for the 3 day weekend, usually hovering around 1,800-2,000 but this is just under maintenance and I also usually do loads of exercise with runs, golf and weekend dog walks. I have been very restrained on the booze and really, well, good.

So this week, when my clothes have been noticeably looser and a belt has had to be deployed on a couple of occasions (on the 3rd hole too), I was very hopeful, nay confident even, of proper downward progress. Now, notsomuch.

It may be that my maintenance level of 2,000 calories will have to come down but I don't want that to happen. It makes life that little bit more awkward. I will wait and see as we assess it over a 2 week average. I'm definitely trending downwards but how fast remains to be seen.

I made a proper effort to keep cals low today deploying "soup with no bread"  for lunch and quorn mince chilli with cauli/rice mix for supper. Rich correctly identified the cauli rice but made no mention of the quorn so I think I might have got away with it!

Actually the quorn was a lot better than I remembered from years ago. The lumps seem to be bigger than I recall so they retained some structure. The worst thing about quorn from years gone by was its tendency to collapse into a mealy sludge. This didn't and was very tasty after a fair bit of cookery work, ie. pretty much every condiment in the cupboard! It definitely shaves a lot of kcals out of your day.

In another blast from the past (although more recent) I took the dogs for a walk around the fields and stepping stones at Bamford for a change of  scene. I was dropping a few old coats off to a nice lady who is collecting for the homeless so thought I'd take the girls with me. They were so excited, howling and yapping away like banshees. Sweet old ladies.

It had been sunny this morning but clouded over by the time we got out. Not as gloomy as it has been though and the river was pretty being so still.


I had my phone out when I heard the meaty roar of an Apache helicopter low flying down the valley. We see a lot of impressive aircraft but don't often have time to snap them.






Bamford Mill. The flats and houses have aged well. I remember them opening in the late 1990s. Even visited the show flat for a nosy back in the day.







Wish me luck peeps. I hope the tradition holds....

No comments: