Monday 5 November 2018

Is it my body or my scales?

All week I have been making slow but steady progress downwards. It looked as though I would be dropping 1.5, maybe 2lbs. Awesome.

But then this morning, the day before weigh in tomorrow, the scales leapt up over 4lbs! For no reason. Gutted.

I'm hoping that the scales are in error. I have had the "Err" message a couple of times so maybe the batteries are low *clutching at straws*.

So, I was feeling really positive about the fitbit inspired calorie counting and now I'm just feeling fat and cheesed off!

I went for a good long run at lunchtime with the dogs. 45 minutes and 4.7km. I am slow although I would go faster without the pooches to put on and off leads etc!

We're having a reasonably quiet life at the moment. Work is treating me very poorly which is taking. There should have been a gilt-edged chance of promotion for me but due to political expediency, this was snatched away from. They still expect me to carry on running the team as I have been for years but there is to be no financial reward for my hard work.

Time to look and see what might be out there. I don't want to leave because I enjoy the work, the flexibility and the people but you can't be treated like shit forever without losing some soul.

Gah! More work! Why is nothing ever easy? I really thought it was going to work out for me this time but no such luck. It's probably a large chunk of the reason why I have been feeling down/blue/emotionally volatile.

Still, trying to stay cheerful with some slightly gloomy autumn colour.






2 comments:

Seren said...

I feel your pain with regards the work troubles. But don’t let them, or the pesky scales, drag you down. Courage, mon brave! x x x

Peridot said...

Damn. Them. Scales and work.

So sorry you're feeling blue.

Px