Tuesday 6 November 2018

It's me AND the scales!

This morning was my week 4 weigh in. A disappointing stay the same - 16.0.8. I suppose I'm somewhat relieved that the 16.4 from yesterday wasn't long-lived. A very sluggish 3 lbs off in 4 weeks.....

I don't really understand why I'm not making progress. I have tightened up my recording and I'm consistently achieving a calorie deficit of at least 500 calories per day.

It really should work so I will continue doing what I'm doing and be strict with myself. I'm also upping my exercise.

I felt irritated with myself this evening as I used a 25 minute delay at the station as an excuse for a large flat white and slice of flapjack. Gah!

When I got home Rich was napping as he's poorly so I went straight back out for a run -  in the dark. I managed 3.7km in 31 minutes so that has redeemed my evening.

I'm also working hard at lower calorie cooking again. This evening I went back to the 30:70 rice/cauli rice mix with our chilli (which was also rammed full of veggies). Very tasty and I don't think Rich even noticed!!

On the work front I was full of energy this morning and got off my backside set up a meeting with the head of legal; prepared for 2 interviews (which is not my responsibility and not something I'm being paid for!); started on my campaign for a re-grade and even dug out my old CV to update!! I'm feeling a teeny bit positive now.... something will change!


1 comment:

Pam said...

That running is very impressive. Go you!