Tuesday 9 April 2013

Beginning again, again

So, I'm not better but I'm slowly getting better.  This is not the beginning of the end, but the end of the beginning.  I hate being sick.... I sulk.

But, so that I don't let anothe week pass un-acted upon, I stepped on the scales yesterday and saw 14.8.0.  My new starting weight.  Not too bad, would have preferred lower but there you go.  I'm going to concentrate on reducing the carbs which have unaccountably crept back into my average day and, eventually, getting back to doing regular exercise.

It is a good time to start again.  My old marital home is about to sell (should be completing in the next week or so).  It has been cleared and is totally empty now.  It was quite a liberating experience seeing the last remnants being loaded up onto the house clearance firm's van and driven off.  Part of me kept thinking "I could do something with that.  I could use that."  But another part thought  "You've done enough.  Let it go."

It has spurred me into action on the ebaying and selling off front too.  It feels like a positive thing to be doing; giving nice things a new lease of life and making a bit of cash from them to go towards lovely holidays and trips out with my lovely man.

So, hopefully I'll be reporting in with tales of dropped blubber, exercise and trips out very soon.

3 comments:

Seren said...

You poor thing, this bug really has lingered. But hurrah for new starts - and the weather today is feeling distinctly springlike which should also improve moods and inclinations to get outdoors.

Looking forward to your positive reports!

Sx

Peridot said...

Glad to see you're on the mend and I think you did the right thing to let that stuff go. Very wise.

Px

Pam said...

The house thing sounds very positive. Hope you're now fighting fit.