Tuesday 21 February 2012

Cheering up

I've decided that feeling rubbish and a few minor things going wrong is no excuse for wallowing. Lots of little things HAVE cheered me up over the last few days so I'm going to focus on those and (cue nausea) "Turn that Frown Upside Down"!!

What has cheered me up then?

Well, posting those Rome pics at the end of my last whinge.  Cold blue skies, smiling faces and timeless beauty can't hurt can it?

Sharing the misery.  Rachel from  Slow Lane Life also posted about her Februaryitis and then commented on my post showing solidarity and thus cheering me up. 

Doing something new.  I've never managed a link to someone else's blog before.  Always assumed it was far too complicated and beyond my nano-tech skills.  But I jsut tried it and it took me about 10 seconds.  Go me.  Perhaps I'm not that old after all?  Perhaps I will one day master my ipod (Christmas gift from the lovely Richard and, shamefully, not used to date!).  There is hope.

A lovely weekend with my family for my father's 80th birthday. Lots of teenagers, dogs and food. Visits to the pub. Richard getting on with everyone. Dad happy with the crowd and his presents. Mum no idea what is going on or who we all are but happy to be at the centre of it all.


Starting again with my diet despite not being well.


Getting loads of work moved despite not being well.


I'll do a proper post soon (this is being finished off on my phone hence is somewhat sketchy) but I just wanted to report that there is light at the end of the tunnel and it's not very far away.

1 comment:

Seren said...

Hurrah for turning frowns upside down! I prescribe cuddles (from both dogs and partners) and chicken soup.

Hope that light catches up with you quickly.

Sx