Sunday 13 February 2011

The Gym

Well, the Great Gym Plan, which we have been speaking about but not actually implementing for some time, has finally begun. Rich joined last week and got his programme on Friday so it's all systems go. The idea was that, if I give up one session per week of personal training (very expensive), I will go at least twice a week with Rich instead for a quarter of the price. I generally struggle to go to the gym when there's someone relaxing at home or waiting for supper but it's a lot easier if we go together.

So, a cold rainy Sunday afternoon was a perfect time to test out this theory. It seems to work! We took the dogs out for a rainy hilly walk then left them sleeping it off and headed straight to Hathersage. I really enjoyed it and hopefully we can make it a regular thing. I did a mixture of pilates based free weights and aerobic stuff - treadmill, rower and cross trainer.

Now I can enjoy a lazy Sunday afternoon before heading off to the pub for the quiz. I've missed a few weeks of the quiz and they've won handily every week without me so I'm having to justify my spot!! Possibly the fact that I'm driving will help....

So, I'm all fired up for lots of exercise next week followed by a week off to work on my old house to start the job of getting it ready to be put on the market. That'll be a hard week but it's got to be done. In a way it's good to be moving on but I know it'll be a pretty tough time emotionally as well.

No comments: