Tuesday 28 March 2017

See, writing stuff down helps!


If I hadn't written in my post yesterday that I was going to go for a run then I am fairly sure I would not have gone out for a run.  Today was hectic and without that motivation I reckon my chimp would have rationalised an excuse for not going out. But I DID say I was going for a run so run I did. Yay!!

It was hard work. A week off and the tail end of a nasty cough meant that I felt every step. But it was well worth it to ensure that the running does not slide off the agenda. It had been chilly during the day but once we set off the sun came out and it was almost too warm. I managed 35 minutes at a very stately pace so now I have a nice low bar for improvements.

Food has been fine but 2 glasses of red, whoops!!

Anyway, it was a good day..... Golf tomorrow, I hope the rain holds off until we have finished.

And in a clunking change of gear, here are some pics from a glorious Lincolnshire walk a couple of weeks ago. The light was just heavenly as the sun went down. Minty was poorly so it was just me and Shelagh which possibly explains how I managed to grab a couple of decent photos of her for a change.  She wasn't very happy though as she brushed up against an electric fence. She howled and glared at me and on our return trip refused to enter the offending field. Luckily we could bypass it or I would have had to carry her!!















2 comments:

Peridot said...

Fabulous light in those photos.

I remember when our chocolate Lab got stuck the wrong side of an electric fence - she just barged out (with a squeal). Thank goodness as Labs are not as portable as Spaniels!

I am - as ever - SO impressed by your running.

Px

Peridot said...

How are you?

Px