Tuesday 14 March 2017

Catching up

Weight matters have drifted along for a few weeks now. I have logged calories, exercised and counted steps regularly but sporadically. My weight has gone down (I've seen 16.5 and 16.6 a few times) and up (16.11 - gulp). However, as today it has mostly stuck at 16.8. This means I have not dropped anything since Christmas. 

While pain-free maintenance is great, I want to be doing it at 14 something not 16 something so I need to buck my ideas up! My chimp is well and truly winning at the moment. 

And there's our trip to Australia at Christmas to consider. It is booked now and will be hot. I do not want to be this heavy out there in that heat. I want to feel comfy in shorts and vest tops and light summer dresses.

As well as Australia there is a packed summer full of golf. It will be a lot easier and more pleasant if I'm lugging less lard around and hopefully being lighter will ease my chronic foot pain too. 

Many incentives to get going again.

So, enough of that, what else have I been up to?

I bought this lovely bowl from a ceramicist friend of mine from Bamford. Her lovely pieces are usually a bit too pricey for me to justify (I was thinking I might ask for one from my family or Richard's as a 50th present) but this was a very slight second so 50% of retail so I snapped it up. You can't see the fault (well,I can't and I just love it. She is about to exhibit some pieces in the National Gallery so a touch of class has hit our living room. 




The overflow at Ladybower reservoir reminded me of the bowl when I was out running a few days ago.





Richard was away for a week golfing in Turkey to celebrate one of his pal's 50th birthday. I didn't begrudge him his trip but I was jealous as I would have loved it too. Bloody men and their "lads only" trips.....

Minty missed him and spent a lot of time staring out of the window presumably waiting for him to come home.

Shelagh, not so much.....


I missed him but went over to my dad's for a couple of days and organised a much overdue girls' night out one night so all was not wasted.

3 comments:

Seren said...

Oh my word, that is beautiful and looks lovely with your other pieces! V jealous.

Now, with regards the weight - of course you can do it! You know what works and you know that it isn't too difficult or painful once you get going. Take it one day, or even one meal at a time and before you know it you'll be on your way.

Not wishing to teach anyone to suck eggs - have you identified what it is that is stalling you? Knowing that is often half the battle.

Sx

PS Belated birthday wishes to Rich.

Peridot said...

I thought that spaniel that won Crufts wasn't a patch on your two!

I'm determined to lose some lard for our trip to Jordan in May. Let's do it!

Px

Pam said...

I love your bowl.