Tuesday 28 July 2015

Blogging 1 - Chimp nil

She tried. She tried really hard. And initially it looked as though she may have won. I didn't make it to swimming early this morning despite putting all my gear out in readiness and setting my alarm etc. I woke before the alarm, realised that Rich was not going in early so I would be waking him, noted how warm and sleepy and comfy I felt and promptly reset my alarm. I regret nothing.

But that did leave me with a choice of doing no exercise;  lunchtime running; or late running. So, lunchtime it was. That chimp was toast. I smashed through all her excuses and headed down to the canal.

I'm not saying it was good or anything but I made it to the second lock and back and even managed 3 sets of, erm, we could call it sprinting if we were feeling extremely generous in our interpretation of sprinting. Running a bit faster while trying to lift the knees and panting like a carthouse pulling a dray full of beer up a hill while being chased by wild dogs about covers it.

But I went running for the first time in about 5/6 weeks. So that's good.

Foodwise I have gone straight back to where I was without too much trouble. No bread today but a packet of Rolos after my lunch, out of the machine on a total whim. Hmmmm, perhaps it should be 1 all between me and chimp after all??

Hey ho. All in all it is good news as I'm beginning to feel the love again. Thanks for those pushes and shoves.

4 comments:

Seren said...

Hurrah! Well done for tackling that pesky chimp. Keep it up - starting is the hardest bit and that's now officially over and done with.

Sx

Gabby said...

Yay! Well done you!

Peridot said...

So sorry not to have been able to help with the sheets - I do it all online.

Well done on the run - am full of admiration (not full of administration, as my predictive text tried to say!)

Px

Pam said...

Well done you. Baby steps...