Sunday 27 October 2013

I've cracked it!!

Clearly not the dropping lbs I'm afraid.  But I've been within the same 3 lbs for the last 3 months.  That must count for something?? 

As you can tell from my somewhat sardonic tone, I'm not exactly thrilled with this latest development.  How is it that I was able in September last year, to start a regime and just drop a stone over the next few months, without any great effort??  Yet this year, I'm doing the same and staying the same.

The answer of course is that this year I'm NOT doing the same and thus I'm staying the same.

As we all know (yet I try to forget from time to time), you cannot drop weight without cutting actual food out of your diet and without doing actual exercise (in my case).  So, while I'm doing a reasonable amount of exercise (I wouldn't say I'm doing lots to be honest, just a steady amount), I'm not cutting out a great deal.  Enough to stop me gaining and even to drop for a few days each week, but not enough to see me shrink.

This was put into sharp relief last weekend when I had lovely visitors to stay.  Peridot and Seren came up and down respectively for the weekend and we had a lovely time.  (I'll get onto that later.)  I noticed that Seren was what I call "actively" dieting.  Eating what she'd budgeted for, not having the little extra treats that Peri and I enjoyed (not massive excesses of anything) and generally eating like a sparrow.  While not going on about it at all (kudos - I tend to talk of nothing else when I'm in the midst of true dieting zeal) she stuck to her guns with grace and seeming acceptance.

And then I read that she has dropped a stone in 4 weeks!!  Aaaah - pennies tumbling around me - maybe THAT is what I should be doing??!

It's just ridiculous isn't it?  How many years have I been treading these same boards?  With a great deal of success overall too.  But I still don't want to believe that you have to say "no, thanks" in order to drop weight.

So, on that note, I'm going to stop avoiding exercising, stop blogging for now and take the dogs out up a hill somewhere.

1 comment:

Seren said...

I think you've got the health and fitness side of things pretty well cracked which is just as hard as being able to say no to the odd slice of cake. So give yourself huge amounts of credit where it is due - you only need to make little tweaks to get those scales to continue their downwards trajectory.

Huge, sloppy kisses to your adorable girls.

Sx