Monday 27 May 2013

Monday weigh in (on a Bank Holiday!!)

I'm so behind with my photos that these are part 2 of my pics from the FIRST bank holiday weekend walk up Win Hill!

Here we're about half way up looking back down towards Bamford.


 Choices, choices, choices... Up the hill it is then.

 

Come on slow coaches, what's the hold up??




Looking towards Yorkshire Bridge and the Ladybower Reservoir.



Minty takes a break in the shade under a tree while scanning the horizon for swallows to chase.




Rich taking a break on the last steep climb with Minty.


Wait for meeee....





Shelagh at the top!
 
 
Richard (and loads of other people) at the top!
 



Me at the top!!
 
 
 
I'm pleased to be able to report that I dropped 2 lbs last week. I'm back down to 14.11 which is not great but is at least heading in the right direction - away from the dreaded 15s!!

I've been quite good at both cutting down on carbs and upping the exercise. Not perfect but much better. I have come to realise though that walking and golf do not really cut it for me. They are just what I do all the time so don't really help in terms of dropping weight. Obviously if I stopped walking and golfing I would gain but they don't do much for the reducing side of things.

So leading a relatively healthy lifestyle is good but, if I want to fit into the giant pile of nice clothes in 14s and skinny 16s, I need to do more and that means running, swimming and training.

The Bank Holiday weekend has been lovely.  Quiet night in on Friday (missed a good night in the pub apparently but we were tired).  Then I did a load of chores and sorting of rammel on Saturday morning while Rich was at work.  We've started the journey towards looking for a hosue to buy.  We've worked out how much we can comfortably borrow (and pay back - not the same thing at all - they'd lend you laods but God knows how you afford the repayments!) and now we're looking.  It's going to be tough on our budget I suspect; to find a house which ticks at least most of the boxes but that we can afford.

We looked at the first on on Saturday and both liked it.  A small barn conversion now a 2 bed cottage with pretty walled garden.  It's in pretty good nick but unfortunateloy totally overpriced by the seller (which would explain why it's been on the market for months).  Trouble is we know the seller as he is also our landlord! So we know that he is stubborn and doesn't really need to sell urgently so we we know he'll probably not accept our reasonable offer.....it's a tough life!!

We had Rich's dad, stepmum and niece over for supper on Saturday evening and watched the Champions League final afterwards which was a most pleasant evening.

Sunday I took the dogs for a good long leg stretch over the hill and took loads of great pics in the gorgeous sunshine.  Then a couple more house viewings (total duds both of them) and off to Rich's golf club for "Super Sunday"!.  Loads of people out for an afternoon session in the sunshine.  It was a proper old school afternoon drink with a good crowd and a nice early finish so no hangover.  Most satisfactory.

Today we had another good long, hilly walk and more pics.  The weather was not as good but the views were even better.  I had the forethought to put a couple of lamb shanks in the over before we set out so we've just stuffed our faces on those...heavenly. 

Next up is a concerted programme to get rid of STUFF!  We have so much stuff  - books and clothes and just STUFF and this even after I have been trying to get rid for months.  It's tricky as we don't know what sort of house we're going to end up in so we don't know what furniture we might need. But whatever house we buy, we do not want it to be crammed with stuff so I'm determined to streamline things before we move.  It's a constant battle but I feel quite motivated now.  Wish me luck.

3 comments:

caroline said...

well done, 2 lbs is great in any man's language AND after what sounds like a lovely weekend. Keep it up for next week...summer might still be coming!

Seren said...

A very heartfelt good luck - I am terribly anti stuff at the moment; having managed to easily fill a two bedroom place with my toot I have no idea how I ever managed to co habit with another person and am on a stringent de cluttering programme. Which probably means that I should avoid bloody eBay like the plague........

Sx

Pam said...

You know, it's so lovely to read such happy posts compared to when you were with your husband. Lovely.