Friday 1 July 2011

Frustration - The Waiting Game

I feel as though I’ve made huge steps in the last year. I’ve left my marriage physically and mentally and now legally. We were officially divorced back in May. In the event it didn’t turn out to be a momentous day, especially as, despite my solicitor’s promises, I didn’t find out about the grant of the Decree Absolute until over 2 weeks after the date! But I was never going to be “celebrating” it as such so that was not a problem.



I know some people have divorce parties and clever cakes with icing sugar figures on top depicting “hilarious” scenarios. Good luck to them if it helps them but that’s not for me. I don’t like the thought of celebrating something negative like the end of a marriage. I’d rather celebrate something positive like a new, happy relationship.



However, despite the fact that I’ve moved on, some things continue to hold me back. And one of these is the blasted house! It is on the market and I initially had several viewings but none of these have come to anything. Now I haven’t had a viewing for a couple of weeks and it looks as though it is going to be a slow old road. This is tough because, until the house sells, I don’t have any capital to clear various debts (not least divorce solicitor’s fees!) so my income is severely limited. I want a holiday but am not sure if we can afford it until the house is sold. Rats.



I know it is not the end of the world – if we can’t afford to go away, we can just take time off and spend it at home together which will be lovely too. But part of me wants to be strolling through some foreign town in the sunshine, hand in hand looking for a lovely harbourside restaurant or waking up in a lovely white bedroom with the sun streaming through the curtains with nothing planned but a spot of swimming, a walk, maybe a game of golf and some holiday reading.



Gnash gnash gnash….



So, patience is the order of the day. All things come to those who wait and I must look to my blessings rather than hankering for things I can’t have, yet. The dogs’ll be happy.

3 comments:

Peridot said...

Fingers crossed that the house sells soon.

Px

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel once your house sells. If I hadn't lost all savings during my divorce I could have bought your house! ;)

I really want to go to Italy but will also have to be patient and wait till I can afford it. In the meantime lucky us for living in the Peak District as there are so many gorgeous places to explore.

p.s. thanks for your lovely comment. If you ever fancy trying the ladies bootcamp at Bakewell I can give you the details. Hetty x

Seren said...

Fingers crossed something will happen soon. You never know with houses - you can wait for what feels like ages and then it all goes off very quickly in the end.

I feel your pain with regards the holiday though. A week somewhere sunny and quiet sounds gorgeous right about now. But, I am telling myself that the anticipation will make it all the more lovely when it finally happens. And some days, I almost believe myself... :-)

Have a lovely weekend.

Sx