Wednesday 22 June 2011

P2P2

Some sunny pics to cheer up this grey showery day.
The view from my spare bedroom window.....it's what I see when I work from home.

I suspect Week One will be mostly standing still given that my gluttonous weekend caught up with me!! But, in a way, even that doesn't bother me. I'm pleased that I'm still standing on the scales every morning, visualising being slimmer and putting exercise and moderation into practise. I haven't been disillusioned by the slow start. Really, I have all the time in the world as long as I'm heading in the right direction.

This is the difference between now and before. Before I had timetables in my head. I HAD to get somewhere as quickly as possible because I was waiting for my life to start once I lost weight. I was waiting for things between D and me to magically get better once I'd jumped through the weightloss hoop and, therefore, given how unhappy I was, I was in a big hurry.

Now, I'm living my life and just want to make it a fitter, slimmer and healthier life.

So, what am I doing differently? I'm sticking to sensible breakfasts - muesli and fruit. I'm cutting way back on the snacks from the office table of evil. While I do still indulge it's usually the odd strange foreign boiled sweets rather than a handful of choccie biscuits! I'm making myself go running and swimming.

Yesterday I very nearly didn't go swimming but then, when I'd almost given up on it and started my sandwich, got a text from Rich asking me if I'd made it to swimming. This karmic hint was enough to make me put my snadwich down, pick up my gym bag and head off to the pool. I'm so glad I did as I felt great - 50 lengths of very smooth, reasonably quick front crawl.

Today I'm working from home (it's lunchtime before you smirk!!) and I'm planning on dodging the showers and taking the dogs out for a run. In fact I'm looking forward to it! Trouble is, it's sunny now and I really want to go out now!

So,although I don't think Week One will be pulling up any trees, I'm hopeful for the rest of P2P2.

1 comment:

Peridot said...

That view from your window is amazing - I am astonished you get any work done at all.

Px