Wednesday 11 August 2010

OSLG!!

Me and my pal Eric at a party during carnival week.


I pondered over my last post, especially the last 2 paragraphs. If I'm so balanced now, surely now is the time to make a few small adjustments and actually make a little bit of progress in a downward trajectory?? Why am I putting it off? So, I've decided to, in a cautious, limited manner, implement Operation Sexy Lady Golfer! I don't know if you've ever watched the Ladies' Pro Golf Tour but a lot of those girly golfers are HOT! I think I could stand to get a bit more weight off so I'm going to give it a go rather than treading water.

But, but, but, but, I'm not going to undo the good stuff which is going on. I'm not going to obsess about it; not going to beat myself up when I slip; not going to set ambitious targets and deadlines. I'm happy as I am but want to, over time, get slimmer and fitter.

So what Does Operation Sexy Lady Golfer (OSLG) consist of?? Hmmmm, not sure. Lets have a think.
  • No biscuits or cakes at work. There has been a veritable biscuit mountain here over the last few weeks and months and it is getting beyond a joke. I have previously managed to avoid it without problems but have got in bad habits. Before I know it, a couple at lunch has become 3, becomes 4 etc etc. Empty calories.
  • Daily weigh-ins (which I do anyway) and writing the results up on my chart in the kitchen for accountability.
  • Exercise 6 days out of 7 and reinstate some weekly runs and bike rides, both of which have mysteriously disappeared from the schedule....
  • Rein in the booze a bit and have a few more salads and a few fewer big meals
  • Go back to your muesli and fruit breakfasts. You like them but seem to be eating all sorts for breakfast now - toast, bacon and egg, crunchy nut cornflakes. Breakfast is an important start to the day for me and sets the tone so get back to basics for a while.


That should be enough for starters. I'll monitor how I'm getting on and get more savage with the cuts as and when I feel the need. Could still lose my morning cappucino and go heavier on the booze cuts but will start gently for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm going to need proof that there is more to golfing outfits than tassled loafers and easy-clean polyester 'slacks' in alarmingly violent pastel shades. When OSLG kicks in, I'm going to want to see a pic of you in an outfit that banishes all my prejudices about golfing (do you wear one of those silly visors too? Tee hee hee).

Seriously though? Good for you.

love
Peridot x

Seren said...

Sounds like a very sensible way to begin any healthy eating plan - small, sustainable changes.

I've never seen a sexy lady golfer (or a male one for that matter) but am prepared to take your word that they exist :-)

Good luck!

Sx