Friday 28 May 2010

It's the little things...

Well, I'm sticking to it but no progress in 3 days! It's disheartening when you feel a little thinnner and step on the scales to be greeted by the exact same weight (to the decimal point - which I don't believe in anyway!) that you saw yesterday and the day before! I suppose this is the downside of weighing oneself every day. I know a lot of people don't weigh every day for this reason but I find that the accountability benefit outweighs (forgive the unintended pun) the negatives. If I don't step on the scales nearly every day then I can start to drift away from my regime and my chimp's arguments start to gain a toehold. You know the ones - "have this now and you can catch up next week" or "you don't feel like running this evening - go swimming tomorrow instead" etc etc


If I weigh every day I know what progress I'm making or not making and can't hide from it. I'm more likely to have a sensible breakfast which sets me up for a sensible lunch and more likely to go swimming at lunchtime etc. At least that is the theory.


So, although I feel a little disheartened this morning, I know I've not done anything major wrong and I know I'll see some progress soon. But, if I'm honest, I haven't pushed as hard on the diet as I could have done. Yesterday wasn't bad but it wasn't stellar either. (Apologies for list of food but it helps sometimes):

Breakfast - 2 small slices toast (one with pate, one with jam) (no milk or yoghurt so couldn't have cereal or muesli/ fruit combo)
1 apple
1 orange
Lunch - sushi and yoghurt and 2 custard creams
1 banana
2 biscuits with coffee at french class
mushroom soup with 1 slice brown bread and butter
2 J2Os in pub as well as multiple sparkling waters etc




Not bad but 4 biscuits, J2Os instead of water or diet drink and toast for brekkie. It's an extra few hundred calories which weren't needed and could have made a small difference. I'm not going to get hung up on these sort of things overall but, every now and then, it helps to analyse exactly what I'm eating so that I can identify the small extras which can creep in. You know exactly what you're doing when you're scarfing a cake or 16 pints but you don't always notice the little things.


So - must be good this week as I really want to see half a stone off before this wedding at the end of June! Have a great Bank Holiday everyone but don't use it as an excuse to trough - it's not worth it!

PS. Typed this at lunchtime when I genuinely thought I would be going swimming but then work intervened and I didn't. So - am just going out for a run, with a post-supper, beachball PMT stomach - it'll be a very slow run!! Go me!!!

1 comment:

Nona said...

It's so hard, isn't it? To be doing what you should be doing and not seeing the results. I've been there too many times. My bet it that you will make that 1/2 stone off before the wedding, just keep doing what you're doing and the weight is bound to move.