Friday 15 November 2019

Not gone away

I know I haven't posted for a few days but I haven't given up or anything, I have just been very busy.

Wednesday was working from home but with an appointment at lunchtime so less time for dog walking and exercise. I did not give up though and went out for a decent run with the doggo early evening.

I'm still slow running but I'm getting out more often so am building consistency. As a result, I'm experiencing less reluctance to head out now which is a good sign.

My problem on Wednesday was too many calories. I didn't snack or anything and was actually quite good during the day but I hadn't planned a sensible supper and ended up preparing a thai green curry. Whoops.

I then compounded the error by going up to the pub where our friend was setting the quiz and enjoying myself! By which I mean 5 gins!! I did resist the chilli and garlic bread though. It was not a terrible day but too high! Better planning required.

Thursday I was in the office and knew I would have no time for exercise. I had a stressy morning and left a tough meeting to go straight down to the cafe where I dived straight into a jacket spud with cheese and coleslaw!! Gah! Why didn't I pick beans or prawns? Anything but bloody cheese and coleslaw?!  My only excuse is that I had been going to have chilli but the chap in front of me had the last portion so I had to pick something quickly and the cheese and coleslaw looked soooo tasty....and I was hungry....

So, no excuse really.

On the plus side, I logged it all and had a light supper to compensate.

I had to head straight from work to go to my french lesson near Matlock. Helen assured me the flooding had subsided but the weather was absolutely filthy! The rain was hard and incessant so the spray on the motorway in the dark was hellish. The queues were bad too so I ended up turning for home at Chesterfield. I'm glad I did as I only just made it through flood at Baslow and people coming through later had to drive the long way round home over the tops. I was shattered when I got home after nearly 2 hours hard driving.

But, no rest for us thesps you know. A modest supper then out to panto rehearsal. It was very complicated; going through big scenes with loads of people on stage. Good though. The scenes make more sense now and I'm loving my part - angry, shouty, rude and violent. Yay!!

Straight from panto to darts and dominos at our local. I won my game and resisted the post game snacks despite them looking delicious but I was tired out so headed home reasonably early. It was such a shame after that to have a terrible night's sleep. Blegh. I was cold and alert and Rich has a cold....not good!

Luckily I have been working from home today so could have an extra hour kip to catch up.

I went for long walk with my mother in law at lunchtime. 90 minutes round Bamford including some big bugger hills. Great exercise.  Trouble is, I think I have either trapped a  nerve or pulled a muscle in my backside now. My right buttock is sore and numb and if I stand for long the pain heads down my leg. Blast. I hope this doesn't last.

We went down to the stepping stones. The river is raging. I have never seen it so high in nearly 25 years nor Carolyn in her full 60!

The left hand side below is the footpath!! God knows what state the stepping stones are in under those giant trees and that torrent.







We had been going to our local cement works which puts on an excellent delayed free firework display and bonfire every year. However, I couldn't face thestanding so we watched the display from our driveway a couple of fields away. Nearly as good.

I did manage a sensible chilli supper tonight though and I have still logged everything.

The downside of all this is on the scales. As of Thursday morning I had been doing really well - 3lbs off in 3 days. Then yesterday, after a good day mind, 2 back on. Grrrr

I am remaining steadfast.






No comments: