Monday 11 November 2019

Determination

I feel as though I'm suddenly seeing clearly about this new dieting start where in recent months I have not been able focus on it. It probably helps my focus that I recently saw some photos of me in Australia with a very tubby tummy and too tight shorts which made me stop and think. I had dropped 2 stone from that weight and kept it off in the main for 18 months. What am I doing chucking that away??

While I cannot get back down to 15.9 in the 5 weeks before our trip, I CAN make a difference to how I look and feel. Even half a stone off would make me feel better.

So, today my first day has been, as first days often are, full of determination and steadfastness.  After a very generous food day on Sunday, I certainly wasn't at all hungry this morning so found it easy to be restrained.  Obviously bad habits over the whole summer are now knawing away at me making it much harder to stick to my guns.  However, I'm writing everything down and calorie counting and upping my exercise and that is all I can do.

I went for a determined dog walk at lunchtime, dodging heavy showers and striding up the big hill and taking the long way round on the way back.  I am going to personal training tonight so the exercise quotient will be good today. It is not hard when you're working from home and have PT  scheduled.  The tricky thing is making time for exercise on a day when you're in the office an hour's commute away.  So I need to make a plan for both food and exercise and then stick to it.

The plan is - a low calorie Boots lunch in Rotherham and a run tomorrow evening with my cold weather gear and a head torch.  The Boots lunch is to avoid what I have got in the habit of having for lunch on an office days - generous jacket spuds, with cheese, the odd slice of cake or other treats.  I need to change a lot of habits.  Eventually I will get back to preparing and buying smaller, healthier and less calorific lunches but, to start with, I will just rely on calorie counted lunches where one cannot cheat!!

I am setting out my head torch and high vis bib in the hallway now to make sure I go for that run as well!!  I need to anticipate the avoidance ruses my chimp will come up with.

I can't really explain why, but I do feel like this time is different from the many recent uncommited "new starts". I hope I'm right!

In non-dieting news, I threw a big party for my 50th birthdays couple of weeks ago!! I'm not quite 50 yet bit I had to go early as the band is very popular and could only offer me one November date!! After the traditional "Why the hell am I throwing a party? No-one will come! Aargh!!",  people turned up in reliable waves, brought presents, ate, drank, danced and we all had a cracking time time. Yay me!!

I have proof!

Me and my lovely school pals!




2 of my nieces








1 comment:

Pam said...

Oooh, you're back. Well, good for you. I wish I'd had your determination when I was fifty! I'm still fantasising about losing weight and I'm nearly 70 - next July. Sigh.