Tuesday 13 July 2010

Stability

Fortunately my Misery Diet has stabilised into the Just About Alright Regime. I remain 13 stone and 7lbs and me and D are working our way through our torrid time. Still a way to go but we are being grown up and cooperative and life is surprisingly pleasant despite our woes. Thanks for your comments in support peeps!

I'm just really pleased that my whole attitude to food seems to have changed. Whereas before I might have hidden in inactivity and comforted myself with food and maybe drink, I have not been at all tempted to overeat or drink and have not given up on exercise at all, quite the reverse in fact. I've been swimming, training, running, golfing and dog walking. I've eaten sensibly and I've kept my few lbs off.

And the other thing is the mental side of what I learned on the TV show last year. I'm facing up to stuff and I'm really concentrating on what is the right thing for me (while trying to be mindful of D's concerns as well) without letting my chimp's fear and insecurity take over. I have frequently said to myself over the last few days "I can choose my mood". I don't have to accept the mood option presented to me by my chimp, I'm a rational grown up.

So, thank you Dr Steve Peters - life has improved a lot as a result of what you taught me last year.

3 comments:

Peridot said...

Glad for some positive news - still thinking of you and wishing you well.

love
Peridot x

Milly said...

I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time, I hope you & your hubby manage to to get to a place where you are both happy. You are doing well not to comfort eat, well done you for the changes you have made & that your habits now are so much better for you. Milly x

Ambitious Mum said...

Chin up chuck. Reading your blog has been like have a good natter with someone you strike a conversation up with.

You are surviving and winning the weight war and I'm sure that you and your husband whom you will know inside out no doubt will be well equipped to weather the storm of your marriage and survive. If it helps, you are not alone and I too empathise with what you are experiencing.

Keep well, keep going and keep sane!

Best wishes, Ambitious Mum.