Tuesday 3 September 2019

Resolve

In my quick gallop through the last few months yesterday I didn't get around to weight chat. Well, it is not pretty!

I was around 16.3  when we got hitched and have now jumped up to 16.11. Gulp.

Exercise other than golf largely disappeared for a couple of months and the sweets and treats which I was mostly avoiding pre-wedding made a fun re-appearance.

Hey ho. It's not too painful as long as I put a stop to it NOW and start to reverse the process asap.

It is difficult when you feel as though you are on siege footing. When Rich's mum was so poorly, he was visiting her almost every day, sometimes for several hours at a time. I visited a couple of times each week too. It meant that our time together was limited and tired. Meals were at odd times and we often didn't have the time or inclination to cook proper meal. It also inevitably means that, when you do have time for some fun, you tend to go overboard with food and drink.

(I know that fellow blogger Peridot is going through a longer and more extreme version of this siege and I know how hard it is to stay in a healthy place. Keep at it Peri but don't beat yourself up for slipping! This is bigger than you.)

I have some great targets for weight loss coming up though. I'm 50 at the end of November and am having a big party on 1st Nov and we're off to South Africa for a big trip in December. I want to be a good stone lighter before those milestones!! Ideally I'd like to be under 15.8 as that was my recent low weight and it would be lovely to see genuinely fresh fat.

The exercise is being reinstated in the form of personal training twice weekly, swimming, golf and dog walking.  I'm also back to logging calories on my fitbit. Only day 2 and the calorie counts have not been very low but I've made a start and with some organisation can get back to healthy ways.

Now, enough of that, more wedding pics?











Yes, it was a blue and white Sheffield Wednesday themed wedding of course! When my friend from the golf club who is also a Wednesday nut (and talented embroideress) suggested that she could sew a little owl onto my dress, I jumped at it. I LOVED it! The cake was half and half, white and silver at the front and blue and white stripes eith badge etc at the back! Childish I know but it made us happy!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, goodness, you're back! I thought you'd gone for good. So sorry about Sue and Shelagh - how very sad. Big sigh.

Your wedding looks lovely and so do you. You look so happy. So pleased for you that you've found your soulmate. xx

beth said...

So SO great to see you back here. And loving the owl... xx