Monday 16 October 2017

Better to do something than nothing

So, I have left it too late to drop a decent amount of weight before Australia but that doesn't mean there is nothing to be done. There are 9 weeks to go and I could drop up to a stone in that time provided I knuckle down and actually DO something rather than just witter on while wringing my hands!

Of course my "I'll start again on Monday plan" was nearly derailed (again) by my failing to step on the scales. Clever chimp - well played. However, this time I have NOT been deflected and am back logging my calories. I will weigh in tomorrow.

The aim is, as ever, to finish this year weighing less than I finished last year. So that is 16.10 or lower. I'd like to do better than that though. I'll find out the scale of my task on the scales tomorrow.

In the meantime some pics from our away trip to Bolton. We spent a few hours in a pub in a pretty village near the ground -Aspull and Haigh. I tried to limit the beer damage by heading out for a short walk round the village and to inspect a local windmill.

It was rather gloomy but interesting enough. I always try to see something new on our football awaydays.

The gloom more than matched our mood on the way home after an awful defeat to a side which is bottom and hadn't won all season (oh, apart from when they beat us in the League Cup!!).






1 comment:

Seren said...

Soooo lovely to see you posting again - I've missed you and your lovely photos. You're so right - something is always better than nothing even if nothing is feeling like quite an attractive option these days (can you tell that I need a rocket up my not inconsiderable arse??)

Sx