Thursday 25 June 2020

Still here and feeling fat!!

The hot sunny days are great but they are significantly harder when you're fat. I played 18 holes of golf yesterday morning which was tough. I'm sure carrying extra weight and the corresponding lack of fitness has impacted on my game which is very poor at the moment.

And after playing I discovered the dreaded chub rub which was depressing. Also I didn't have any energy for the rest of the day! I know I'm in my 50's now but I'm sure it was not this hard last summer with 1.5 stones less to lug around.

So, yesterday was hard and I did veer towards the self-medication of a barbie and half bottle of white wine. But I didn't ultimately go overboard. And today I have bounced back a bit. Yoghurt and fruit for brekkie and salad lunch.

To be honest, I'm noticing that the "bad" days do seem to coincide with the bread-y days so I'm going to work on cutting out bread as much as possible.

I am still writing down what I eat, stepping on the scales each day and doing daily long walks or golf so this first week is still broadly on track.

Tonight we are heading up to a street "bar" (BYO and socially distanced) to celebrate a mate's birthday. I'm taking a limited amount of gin to minimise calories but suspect I will say yes to a slice of cake if it's one I like!!

Now, here are some pics of the route of the walk I took on Tuesday evening with Kerry. I actually took these a few weeks ago when walking alone but I haven't uploaded the Kerry pics from my big camera yet.)

It's a fabulous 2 hour hike up the dale just ouside my village through a couple of tiny hamlets up to an old mining rake and then back down the other side of the dale. There are ruins of the old mine workings and awesome wildlife sightings on the way.

On Tuesday we spotted a curlew on a wall, a barn owl, meadow pipits, skylarks, newts and tadpoles in a dew pond, bunnies, glorious wildflowers and loads of more common or garden flora and fauna. Heaven.

When I walked it before it was a much more moody day with looming grey skies switching to bright sunshine and even 5 mins of rain towards the end. 

















No comments: