Monday 25 March 2019

We all need to face facts from time to time

I needed to get that stuff off my chest this morning. I typed It in bed before I had even got up so was slightly heartened by the scales rewarding me with a 15.13 rather than the 16 plus I had been fearing.

I have been exemplary today. In diet - under 1200 calories which is good for me. In exercise - chores, 14k steps and an hour of personal training with Huw. In work - tackled some tricky stuff. At home - tidied, sorted and did some wedding chores too.

I feel massively more in control now. Nothing is sorted but you need to have "that day" don't you? To remind yourself what it feels like and to reassure yourself that deprivation is fine, actually.

So, cautious optimism. The glorious spring sunshine helped.

Here are some pics from my gorgeous morning walk with Stacey yesterday. Chatting up a storm with massive grins on our faces, she is a great friend who I don't see enough of considering she only lives down the road!

I didn't have time to take many pics we were talking so hard!!



Shelagh is poorly. Recovering now but it has been tough. I thought I was going to lose her Thursday morning after Rich left for his stag do in Portugal but luckily it wasn't as severe as it looked. Some sort of virus or infection has attacked her inner ear so she suddenly developed severe loss of balance and vertigo which made her very sick. She could barely stand and was lurching off to the left with a tilted head and clear distress. It looked like a stroke. Thankfully not.

Medication to suppress her nausea has kicked in, plenty of bed rest (at 15 she's good at that) and she has improved every day. She is still unsteady but eating and drinking and short walks and she only goes round in circles a little bit now!!

This was the first time she got out of her basket  on her own and it was to beg a bit of my crumpets which I was more than happy to share with her!



She has been very sorry for herself though.


Anyway, back to diet planning. I'm in the office tomorrow so shake for breakfast and soup for lunch and try to go for a run later. I have a lateish meeting so that will influence how tired I am etc.

Hope all's going well (or as well as can be expected) peeps!

4 comments:

Seren said...

Poor old Shelagh. Glad she’s on the mend. And lovely to hear you sounding nice and positive. Keep it up!

Sx

Hazel said...

Poor Shelagh! I don't mean to lurk - I always keep up with your news, but don't often have much to say - but in this case, another blogger who I follow in the US has had similar symptoms in her - er - older dog. Might be of interest to you?

http://www.the7msnranch.com/2019/02/old-dog-vestibular-disease-its-thing.html

Lesley said...

Thanks a million for sharing that! It us the same thing and nice to have a name for it and see that other doggies have emerged unscathed. Shelagh is almost better which is a major relief. Back to proper walks from today. Yay!! Lurk away! Lxx

Peridot said...

Poor Shelagh. I am sure a piece of crumpet was enormously comforting. And poor you for all that worry. Hope it's in the past now.

Px