Friday 15 February 2019

It's a beautiful day!

I'm back home now as my dad is much better and my sister and her husband are coming up to stay with him for the weekend.

It was a full on day yesterday. Work, then driving home, off to panto rehearsal and then straight to darts and dominoes at the White Hart. As a result my eating was a little chaotic. I grabbed a sandwich on the drive home so had crumpets for supper.  3 gins in the pub but still under maintenance of 2k calories. Then, just before I left the pub, I weakened and fell for an impulse eat of 3 little coronation chicken sandwiches!! So close....

Still, in the grand scheme of things, it wasn't a terrible day.

I weighed myself this morning after a few days away. A most pleasing 2lbs off. I feel as though I have turned a corner over these last few days. Back to running, counting calories and writing down. Perhaps thos time I can keep it going through the 15.8 limit which has haunted me since last July!

I went for a run during my lunch break. Well, it started as a run. I ran across the fields to Boothby Graffoe (@1.5km). Then, as it was so lovely I thought I would carry on a spell towards Navenby before turning back. The trouble is, Boothby is a long thin village and as I would be on the road, the dogs had to be on ttheir leads.

They HATE running on a lead. Well, Shelagh does. She drags backwards and gets slower and slower. I ended up walking that section. Then, when we hit the footpath again, it was too muddy and just too pretty. So I walked that section as well.

Past the village pond.


All that open space.




A gorgeous carpet of snowdrops and aconites.


A photobombing cocker spaniel.




It was marvellous to feel that breath of spring. Inhale that lovely fresh air and see the huge open vistas of Lincolnshire. I even started to run on the way back but then took a work call so probably only ran for 2-2.5km out of 5! Tee hee.

It was a stunning drive home. Just as I hit the White Peak the sun was setting so I disgusted the dogs who were impatient to get home to daddy and pulled over for some snaps.




That feelgood factor carried on today. Rich and I snuck off work a little early to play 9 holes of golf. It was so mild - t-shirts in February! Great golf too. Several pars and a birdie. Woo hoo!!

I need some serious diet management to get through tomorrow. We're off to a football awayday in Rotherham. It'll have to be choc shake for brekkie, a sensible lunch and no more than 4 gins!! If I don't overdo it, I should be able to fit in a run when we get home.

I need to keep this momentum going!!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Oh, lovely to see you back. Sounding good!!

Peridot said...

It’s lovely to have you back. And I need a LOT more detail on this wedding dress. I need the distraction too - will post on this when I have the chance.

Px