Wednesday 23 December 2009

It's Christmas!!

Mintini in the snow - she loved it until the snow marbles appeared on her back paws...then there was much whinging!

Well, nearly. I've been rushing around like a mad thing to have a early Christmas with Diarmuid who has now gone over to Newfoundland and his ship. He was a very unhappy bear to be leaving - partly because we had had such a lovely Christmassy time before he went and partly just because. And then it snowed just to make everything look even lovelier and make it even harder (both practically speaking and emotionally) for him to leave.


And now I have to do it all again with my family. I'm about to head off to Lincolnshire and the parentship to rendezvous with my parents, sister and her family and sister-in-law with niece and nephew from Canada. There are going to be 13 of us and 4 dogs for Christmas - yikes! Really looking forward to it though. Then a week off after Christmas when I talk sternly to myself about food and exercise!! And blog, lots....


I have to admit to weight gain - but not a massive one. I got on the scales this morning and have an extra 5 or 6 lbs there which really shouldn't be there!! This is getting silly.


But I'm not distraught or even particularly unhappy. In fact, the extra weight is there because I've been so happy. I just need to re-focus and get back to what worked. In the meantime, over Christmas, I'm going to enjoy myself but not go mad so as to limit the further damage. Have some nice things but not eat for the sake of it. Keep up with the exercise (which isn't a problem for me at the mo) and just generally keep a lid on the excess.


The main thing to realise is that I'm still over a stone lighter than I was at the beginning of the year!! So that's a year when I have lost weight, not gained. And that is a GOOD thing!


I also have loads of photos to sort out. I have been slack on these as D bought me a laptop for my birthday and now I have to learn all the new gizmos on it. But I have loads of good pics to share. No wifi at the Olds' so it be next week now.


I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and don't go too crazy on the party food and drink. Have fun - take the special stuff and leave the dross behind!!


1 comment:

Claire said...

Ah there you are! Have a great Christmas. Maybe we should meet for a coffee in the New Year - i'm feeling brave! Claire x