Wednesday 19 January 2022

Unexpected lunchtime sunshine

 I really wasn't expecting such a beautiful day today but I wasn't going to miss out on it either.  After a fairly ineffective morning's work we set out thinking we were going up to Mam Tor. However, as I drove through the valley, I noticed clouds massing over Mam Tor whereas the skies were clear towards Hatgersage. I haven't been to Stanage Edge for months but it just popped into my head so off we went.

It was perfect! Stunning blue skies and not a sheep to be seen. Gary ran and ran and had just the best time ever (well, since the last best time that is). I took photos and just breathed in the beauty!

This is the track up to the Edge with great views of the whole route. 


Gary starts off with a quick dip




And off he goes...










The track briefly hits the top of the edge before you peel back down again. 






Then you walk under the edge for a bit before heading through a small plantation and back down to the car park. 







They were felling latches due to a disease who's name I forget. The smell from the freshly cut timber was amazing!



What a walk that was. Just heavenly. 

No comments: