Saturday 22 January 2022

Stanage again!

 I've been a bit hectic these last few days. And a bit demoralised too, about my weight. I had been holding it steady for a couple of years and had not done too bad over Christmas and New Year and I felt great for 2 days once the new year started. Then I had 2 weeks of illness and the lbs have just piled on. I can feel it and it is the fattest I've been for ages. 

Terrible timing though. I have panto coming up in a few weeks and could do with feeling fitter for the singing and the action. I have quite an active role this year playing the Big Bad Wolf so have several chase scenes and fight scenes. Not a time to be fat and huffy and puffy. So, I'm treating this as a wake up call to really focus for the next few weeks and get back to a comfortable level. 

Which will make today somewhat of a challenge. We are on the coach to Oxford for a football away day. I have packed gin and slimline instead of beer and will make sure to select healthy options for lunch. I've got back to doing more exercise though, so hopefully I will soon see the benefit. I swam 3 times, personal training once and several good, hilly walks. I must keep the faith and exercise some self control!

Speaking of walks, we (Gary and me) went back to Stanage on Friday. It was not wall to wall sunshine like it was on Wednesday but it was beautiful. I went to the other end. Although I have driven past it hundreds of times, I don't think I've ever walked on that section and it was truly lovely. 

We walked up to the Edge in the sunshine. 














We picked our way down the edge into a lovely little plantation. 






Then we walked back on an access path through the bracken under the edge.


Someone else's dog. I would have taken pics of Gary but he was too busy running on the hills!





Very satisfying!



No comments: