Thursday 13 January 2022

Still poorly (and bored)

This return to blogging is coinciding with one of the more boring periods of my life - sorry! During my covid isolation my day involves a lot of sleep, some light work, a couple of dog walks (which I guess I shouldn't really be doing),  chores, cooking supper and lots of headaches (the evening ones being quite resistant to painkillers). 

I miss doing stuff and I miss cuddles. I'm aware that I sound like a 5 year old but there it is, we all find our inner 5 year old when we're poorly. 

So, my one consolation is my lunchtime expedition. Today I drove up to the closed road beneath Mam Tor at Castleton. It was pretty quiet but to make sure I didn't bump into anyone, we headed straight up the hill and stuck to little used tracks!

We had a great view of the Great Ridge and the Hope Valley. 


This is the old Odin Mine. A rather mysterious, steep sided, mossy green fold in the hillside. I clambered and Gary raced upwards. At one point I came across a very sheer drop into the old mining chasm to my left with Gary romping precariously above. I didn't call him back for fear that turning might disturb his balance and of course he circled back to me unscathed!! Phew....





Rather than risk Gary's life further, I followed this little stream away from the valley onto the landslip area and eventually rejoined the old road.


Stupidly, I failed to recharge my phone so there are no pics of the broken road. They will have to wait til my next visit. 


But just enough juice to snap this lovely homage to the 80's in my hairstyle!! 

 So, there we go, another dull day in Iso!!

1 comment:

Seren said...

You live in such a lovely part of the world! Hope you start to feel better soon. x