Wednesday 12 January 2022

Blowing away the cobwebs


Apologies for the overkill on the photo front but it really was beautiful out there this lunchtime.  I didn't mention in my post yesterday that I am presently laid low with covid.  I feel mostly okay, quite tired so I'm sleeping late and I have a constant headache which is weird for me as I hardly ever have headaches. 

I'm still taking the dog out morning and lunchtime as he does not accept sick notes (and we would both go stir crazy).  I'm picking quiet places and keeping away from people and hand sanitizing etc but it's not hard to find quiet spots out here in the Peaks thankfully. (Which does make me wonder why so many visitors all throng to the same places but that is one for another post.)

As it was sunny, we headed up to the Surprise View car park above Hathersage. It is a great starting point as there are so many routes you can take from there, short or long and NO SHEEP! This is a huge boon for Gary as he loves to run widely which he couldn't do if it were sheepy. He ran his little heart out, leaping through heather, rocks and bracken while I laboured sedately upwards. 

You start out of the car park through the birch woods.

I wonder what caused these kinks in these 2 trees?

poo

Gary comes hurtling back to me through the rocks on the promise of cheesy treats!


You walk up over the moor past various rock formations to the edge. It was stunning today.


And then the view back over the Hope Valley...






It was a tad breezy!


Looking over towards Carl Wark and Higher For.



Having a play with some doggie selfies. I have to take advantage of the rare sun and rocks as usually Gary is some distance from me, albeit checking in from time to time!









 So, while the diet and exercise are somewhat on hold at the mo due to C-19, I'm keeping an eye on what I eat and still moving and still enjoying life despite missing going out! 

I had just got used to doing things again and now I can't! I'm missing book group tonight and panto rehearsal tomorrow. Swimming and personal training both gone as has football on Saturday and a trip to London for a 90th birthday party on Sunday. Grrr....

Hey ho....maybe another lovely walk tomorrow....

No comments: