Wednesday 19 January 2022

Into the office and well again

 I definitely feel a lot better and (relatively) full of beans since Monday.  Still coughing (4 months now) and still getting a few headaches but not tired and fuggy any more. 

The sunrise was beautiful yesterday morning over frozen fields so I ended up taking Gary for a slightly extended dog walk and ball throw before heading into the office. 

It's only a 20-30 minute walk up the path the cement works and back but I throw a ball for Gary there and back (if he's interested which he often isn't) and it can be magical, surprisingly.







I don't go into the office very often. Rotherham is an hour away and I don't really need to. Pre pandemic I went in usually twice a week, mostly for meetings and to see colleagues and do admin. Now meetings are on Teams and there's hardly anyone in to chat to so I just go in once a fortnight (if that) to keep on top of deeds and documents. 

It suits me, Gary, my wallet and the environment but I do feel sorry for those it does not suit. 

in other news, we're trying to pin down our holiday plans for the year. It is harder than I remember it. We had half a plan for a week in Amsterdam taking in 3 one day England crickets matches vs the Netherlands but the package comes in very expensive so now we're wavering. 

Then my niece and her partner have just moved to Stavanger in Norway so I want to visit them. But do we just do a long weekend or make it our hols? Rich talking about a golf break to Celtic Manor and my dad talking about Canada. Aaargh! We had better do SOMETHING!! 

No comments: