Tuesday 25 January 2022

Poorly again but not derailed...

I can't believe I'm ill again. I'm getting sick of feeling under the weather as I have been on and off for 4 months now! I had a bad night Monday and felt grim and woozy all day Monday. I couldn't manage my planned 7am swim yesterday or today which is really tough when you're trying to re-establish good eating and exercise habits.  And I really enjoy it too.

I'm feeling just as grotty if not worse today. Exhausted, dizzy, head achy, bleurgh! 

However, on the plus side I haven't let feeling grotty lead me to overeat as it did a few weeks earlier. Woo hoo! A few lbs have dropped off and a start has been made. I've managed to walk the dog but that is about all on the exercise front.  Ticking over...

The weather has matched my health this last couple of days too. It has been grey, misty and dullsville. So here are some pics of my local dog walk round the ponds from a few days ago.

Gary breaks the ice for his lunchtime swim!







Magical red dogwood.



Wish me strength to keep up the good work!




2 comments:

Pam said...

Gollygosh, when you start blogging again you really start, don't you? I've been busy with family recently but today have enjoyed your lovely countryside posts. Sorry you're under the weather again, though.

I never understand how dogs can enjoy leaping into freezing water! I know they're furry but this must get wet through and then there's skin. Surely?

Lesley said...

I suppose my restart coincided with being stuck at home!! And no, I don't know how they do it. Today he was swimming out after ducks and it was very chilly indeed!