Wednesday 26 January 2022

Resistance

 It is so hard to stay on the straight and narrow when you're stuck in the house feeling grim, mainly on the sofa.  I reckon, if I hadn't started blogging a few short days ago, I would have tucked into some of the leftover Christmas scrans. This includes Christmas cake, a chocolate orange and some Frys chocs. 

However, I have stayed true and cut back on all verboten goodies and managed to hold onto the 5lb drop I made earlier which, in the face of this nasty cold, is quite heroic for me!

I took Gary out for his lunchtime run round the fishing ponds and golf course. I forgot my phone so no pics but it wasn't that nice a day anyway. So, here are some pics from a lovely, sunny walk around Bradwell last week. 

We started up on The Hills and over the huge sheep field called Hazelbadge. From there I could look across the ravine and check the fields on either side of my route -  result, no sheep!




After Hazelbadge we cross the road and head up a winding, walled track. Gary loved it, scampering around leaping broken down walls and swimming in dew ponds. Usually, he is on the lead due to livestock but that day it was free and clear! 




Then we turn right up a quiet lane back towards Bradwell.






Then we turn left up an old mining rake called Jennings Dale. It is glorious, steep, full of dangerous holes and gorges for Gary to chase pheasants and even a curlew and with gorgeous, hidden corners and beech woods







Right at the top, I was calling Gaz back to put him on the lead before we hit the road when a sheep dashed out in front of him and rang down the Dale! Gah!! He turned to chase but I caught his eye and yelled at him to stop and thankfully he did! There are never sheep in that Dale, far too dangerous with all the holes etc  They must have escaped from another field and were cowering in the corner there. Just goes to show, you can never be too careful! 


Then it was a tramp across the moor and back into the village. Great views and fresh air - heaven!




2 comments:

Pam said...

I'm amazed at the variety of walks you have. Often, friends living in the country find there's nowhere different to walk. Hope you're feeling better!

Lesley said...

That's the beauty of living in the very middle of a national park, can't move without tripping over a footpath! Although I do have my 'standard' dog walks which are repeated often.